When you insert your SD card into the SD card of your Smartphone, but your device is not able to recognise the SD card. Also, the SD card drive doesn’t show up when you connect it to your computer or on your smartphone’s file manager. The problem can be caused due to the system issue, SD Card issue, and Memory Slot issue. First of all, you need to check your SD card slot because sometimes this problem caused due to your Device’s SD Card slot. Because your device’s’ SD Card socket, isn’t making good contact with the MicroSD card.
Check if the problem is caused due to card issue. If the SD card is broken, it won’t be recognised by PC. You can plug the card into another PC to see if it works. If it doesn’t work, you can try cleaning the card using liquid alcohol. After cleaning the card, try to insert into your smartphone to check if it works or not. In not work on your device or does not detect that mean the card is fully broken. Now you have only one option that is, replace with new one.
Following we will show you how to troubleshoot this issue on your device. (If device detects SDcard)
Solution 1: Reinsert SD card to phone
- Go to “Settings” of your device
- Scroll down and select “Storage.”
- Now Tap on Unmount SD card button
After this reboot your device and insert it back into device and check if it working or not
Solution 2: Format SD Card using DiskPart (If device detects SDcard)
To format SD Card, Use a card reader to connect your SD card to computer. After connecting with computer, Type following command line to format your SD card.
Open “Command Prompt(Admin)” on your computer.
For Windows 8.1 or 10 operating system
Press “Windows+X” > “Command Prompt(Admin)”
For Windows 7 or earlier
Click the Start button > Choose “All Programs” > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right click and choose “Run As Administrator”
- Now Type “diskPart” in command prompt and hit the Enter key
- Now, type “list disk” and hit the enter
- On, the Output from the previously typed command, select the drive you want to format or clean
- To Select Drive, type “select disk 2” command (Here, you have to type your disk number that you want to format ) then hit the Enter key
- Type “clean” command to erase data from your selected drive and hit the Enter key
- Now create a partition and hit the Enter key, To create partition type “create partition primary” command
- After this, Type “select partition 1” command and hit the Enter
- After creating partition, Type “active” command to set the partition active
- Now type “format fs=fat32 quick” command to format your drive and hit the Enter
- When complete the process, type “exit” command to exit from diskpart then close the command prompt window
Now disconnect your microSD card from a card reader and connect again. Your card should work now. If still your computer not recognizing sd card, you should consider replacing your memory card with new one. You can check Best Micro SD Cards to buy this year.